Weaving and unraveling

these are my two latest pieces for the cloth to cloth class.



i accidentally realized that light shines through this block.



this is all just pinned not yet basted. i think because i wasn't totally sure of the framing fabrics, but i'm gonna just go for it and leave em be.



this is the same type of weaving with as the previous post only with a backing. yellowish fabric is from an old 1970's sheet and it was a nice accident that the circle of the flower appeared in the lower block. the print is also a little darker than it's looks in this photo.

so that was the weaving... now the unraveling. this class is amazing. not only am i learning more about the feel and personality of cloth, i'm learning about the feel and personality of me. cloth is magic.

remembering my lifelong friendship i've had with natural cloth. how a certain blanket gave me comfort and security as a child. how silk ribbons rubbed against my cheek calmed me down. tears and fights with mom over polyester pantsuits and turtlenecks... hahahahaha they suffocated me! loving my levis, indian print gauze blouses, fringe leather mocs...

also learning an organic organization for working and enjoying. the natural process seeping over into and making it's way out to the outer overlooked corners of my experience. :thanks to suzanna and grace: for the words on the quiet and the slow.

i yam what i yam.

6 comments:

jude said...

glad you have started to feel the spirit of the process.

twhIch aye said...

yeah me too jude :) i'm still working it through, but at least i'm aware and working towards a form of action that's natural for me...

(this is my second comment again... don't know where the first one went. my blogger account is a misfit too)

Stella Dora von Swineburg said...

I think its neat that the light shines through that block...it adds to its beauty.

Ro Bruhn said...

This is beautiful, the fabrics are gorgeous.

twhIch aye said...

hi stella thank you :) that was a very happy accident... i'm thinking of making a smaller version to hang in the window

twhIch aye said...

hi ro... thank you for your words and for visiting :)